Hair loss is a touchy subject, but you’re not alone. In fact, hair loss is indicative of the decade of life you are currently in. Approximately 800,000 men and women suffer hair loss annually. To follow are nine facts about hair loss you never knew!
- Male-pattern baldness is the most common form of hair loss.
- Women also experience female-pattern baldness but at a lesser rate than men.
- Female-pattern baldness is inherited and is often only see post-menopause.
- Male-pattern baldness is inherited, some studies suggest it is inherited from our mothers!
- Male-pattern baldness can begin as early as in the 20s, but generally starts later in life.
- Alopecia can affect men and women equally and can strike as early as the teen years.
- It’s estimated that half of all men will experience some degree of hair loss by their 50th birthdays.
- There are many medical problems that can contribute to hair loss, such as autoimmune diseases like Lupus.
- A poor diet and too much stress can cause hair loss.
The good news is, hair loss is easily corrected with non-surgical hair replacement! At JA Alternatives we offer a variety of hair loss solutions. Contact any of our locations in the greater New York and New Jersey area today for a free consultation to find out what type of hair replacement is right for you!